Tuesday 13 May 2014

#OCTEL WEEK 1 ACTIVITY 1.3: Champions and critics of teaching machines

B.F.Skinner film clip

I'm lagging behind in Week 1 of the #octel MOOC while I should be in Week 2 now, but I can't help myself, I have to take a wee moment for this little gem from Activity 1.3.... 

How far (and how little!) we have progressed...

Anyone who is into Ed Tech and have yet to see this 6-minute YouTube clip (e.g. me as of earlier today...), it's an old B&W B.F.Skinner short filmold and scratching, but delightful.

It introduces 'Teaching Machines'. These machines are almost hilarious, except look at the students faces, and imagine iPads (or other mobile tablet devices...) on their desks - connected to activities in an institutional LMS or other learning website - and the detail from Skinner could suddenly be from last week...





No comments:

Post a Comment